As a result of the Dodd-Frank legislation, hedge fund, private equity fund and other fund managers are having to register as Investment Advisors with the SEC. This is a significant development as trillions of assets are now coming under the aegis (and scrutiny) of the SEC. We will have more commentary on this later, but here are some initial links for your review:
- SEC Press Release (SEC)
- SEC Statistics on Private Fund Advisors (SEC)
- Final Rule Implementing Amendments to the Investment Advisor Act of 1940 (17 CFR Parts 275 and 279)
- SEC National Exam Program for Newly Registered Investment Advisors (Office of Compliance Inspection and Examination)
- State Registration of “Mid-Sized Advisors” (Those with assets between $25 and $100 million) (Release No. IA-3490)
- IARD website for information about Investment Advisors (IARD)
Comments are closed.